Are you concerned about the flu? There has been a lot mentioned in the news recently about flu outbreaks across the country. Since I am learning about health and wellness myself, I am looking at options of preventing the flu beyond the flu shot.
The reason I am interested in nutrition as an option for preventing the flu is that I see it as being a safer and more nutritious alternative to getting the flu shot. If I can keep my immune system strong, I have a very good chance of fighting off the flu bugs when they come around.
From articles I've read online, I see overwhelming evidence that medical experts now agree it is more important to protect yourself from the flu vaccine than the flu itself. Research studies conducted recently point to the evidence that flu shots are dangerous. There are many reasons for this verdict including these reasons:
1. Medical journals reveal that injecting vaccines can lead to serious health problems and other infections.
2. Flu vaccines contain mercury, formaldehyde, detergent, and other harmful ingredients. Mercury toxicity can cause a whole array of serious health ailments.
Is this what you want to put into YOUR body? Personally, I want to avoid any mercury exposure since I already have too much of it in my body, and once I learned about that it's even more important to me that I avoid any additional risks to my health.
Instead of turning to conventional medicine, I like the idea of boosting my immune system naturally and safely. It's helpful to know about ingredients in your kitchen that can offer effective treatments of the flu. I would like to share with you a few of my favorite home remedies.
Home Remedies for the Flu:
1. When we feel stressed we get toxicity in our body and we need to clear that out or our immune system will suffer. You can boost your immune system by replacing the good bacteria in your body with probiotics since 70% of your immune system is in your gut.
2. Drinking enough water is also so very important. It is recommended that you drink at least 8 glasses of water daily. You can take your body weight and divide it in half to get the number of ounces per day you should be drinking.
3. One of my favorite health drinks that also helps fight the flu is adding lemon juice to my water. You can mix 1 tsp of lemon juice with 1 tbsp of honey for relief from a sore throat.
What health goals are you setting for 2013?
I hope you have gained some helpful tips on how to live naturally and more safely. I'd like to invite you to consider what I just shared with you and think about which of these remedies you can implement to live a healthier life and protect yourself during this flu season.
Teresa Rippe, Health Mentor