Do the other women in your family have stretch marks? If so, there is a good chance that you will get them too, eventually. While that may be bad news, there is also some good news you should know. Today, it is easier than ever to erase these unattractive marks.
Here are some things that you may want try before resorting to expensive creams, or laser treatments. Keep in mind that these methods will take some time to work. Over time you will see a huge difference in the way that your skin looks and feels.
- Olive oil is something that most people already have around the house for cooking. However, some women claim that rubbing olive oil into their skin has helped to reduce the appearance of their stretch marks. For the best effect, you should rub the oil into your skin after you get out of the shower or bath.
- Almond oil, castor oil, avocado oil and Vitamin E oil have also been shown to help reduce the appearance of these marks. Of course, if you have an allergy to nuts, you should probably not use almond oil. When you use Vitamin E oil, you can get capsules from the drug store or health food store. Simply break open the capsule and massage the oil from the capsule into your skin. Leftover oil can be massaged into your hair to add shine!
- Many women claim that aloe vera gel has helped to erase the marks. Purchase the gel or use the pulp from the plant of a plant home. Aloe is easy to grow and the pulp works to heal other skin irritations as well.
- If you have particularly stubborn marks that are not responding to treatment, you can combine a half a cup of olive oil with 1/4 cup of aloe. Then, add the contents of six Vitamin E tablets. Mix the solution very well and then apply it to your skin. Leftover treatments can be stored in the refrigerator in a labeled container.
- Egg whites can also help erase marks. Some women find that their marks quickly fade if egg whites are rubbed on their skin. Wait for a while, and then wash off the excess egg whites from your skin.
- A mixture of beeswax and Vitamin E can also be used to help repair skin damage. You can find beeswax at your local health food store or at a farmer's market. To do this properly, you will need to heat the beeswax until it melts. Then, blend in the Vitamin E liquid and mix thoroughly. Let the mixture cool to room temperature and then rub it on your skin. For the best results, apply this mixture often. If the beeswax begins to harden, you can heat the wax to make it more pliable.
Keep in mind that everyone's body is different. Just because a certain treatment works for your friend does not mean that it will work for you. Through a process of trial and error, you should be able to find which of the above treatments works for you to help erase your stretch marks.